UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingdom D Podcast with Nick Romero

2 posters

Go down

Kingdom D Podcast with Nick Romero Empty Kingdom D Podcast with Nick Romero

Post by Kyra Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:35 am

The scene fades in from black showing King Grixis sitting on a plush red Victorian style lounge chair that is seated across from a similar style couch with an old wooden coffee table between the two. Off to the right is a fireplace that is burning with some logs that were thrown into it before the podcast went on the air. Nick Romero walks into the scene and King Grixis gets up to greet him as he gives Nick Romero a firm shake.

King Grixis: Ladies and Gentlemen my guest at this time. The UCW British Champion Nick Romero!

King Grixis gestures to the couch that is across from his plush lounge chair as he sits back down and waits for Nick Romero to do the same before speaking.

King Grixis: Man I want to take a moment to thank you for coming down here to the set and joining me for this podcast. It's great to have one of UCW's champions here. And I got to ask man, what is going on in that mind of yours? Not only do you have to worry about defending that championship against Eagle Hatori at Convergence but you have the added pressure of needing to impress Kyra if you wish to get a contract to Kingdom D!
Kyra
Kyra

Back to top Go down

Kingdom D Podcast with Nick Romero Empty Re: Kingdom D Podcast with Nick Romero

Post by Nick Romero Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:27 am

Nick Romero: Thank, King! It's so great to be here! It reminds me of the good old times in high school when I got called to the director's office every other week. Somewhat similar feelings. Look, even my palms are sweaty. Look!

King Grixis turns away

King Grixis: No thanks, I'm good! But you shouldn't worry, this isn't a hostile environment - we're just here to talk.

Nick Romero: You see, that's where we disagree. I believe this is a hostile environment and you are part of the enemy. I know it wasn't personal but because of you Alexander and Jesse lost their jobs and now Kyra is moving all UCW assets overseas? On cannot just ignore the fact that being interviewed by you is like... like, when audit is coming to your workplace.

King Grixis: But you are American, are you not? Don't you want to wrestle on your homeland soil better than this old continent?

Nick Romero: True! But there's a catch. I came to UCW as a nobody, just a kid with big dreams. Nobody back home would give me a chance but a little travelling through Europe with smaller promotions landed me a deal with UCW and this place was my launching pad. My very first action figures, posters, T-shirts and stuff. Very first fans and even sexual offers via twitter. And through all of this I earned something that every entertainer yearns for - a loyal fan-base, my N-R-junkies! And it's now for them that I fight. Plus, as a raisin on the top of a muffin - I'm wearing this!

Nick pounds on his British championship title belt.

Nick Romero: I'm the British champion! How can I move away from Britain now?

King Grixis: Well, it all could change very soon. You're facing Eagle Hatori in (put here either steel cage or ladder match, depending on who wins this week) for that belt and Hatori seems to be determined to take it from you.

Nick Romero: Sure, he'll try. But at the end of the day, Eagle is just another pretender to the title - Billionaire, Triple X and even Angelok have tried and failed to - can I use de-belt? Is that a word? I'm gonna use it - de-belt me. Eagle won't be any different. Yes, he's got some skills but, hey, so do I. You are looking at the Energizer, the N-R! And with the support of my N-R-junkies I'm unbeatable.

(here you could continue about the N-R-junkies, particularly Lionell Storm)

Nick Romero

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:10 pm

King Grixis cracks a small smile at the mention of N-R-junkies.

King Grixis: The night that I debuted on UCW as a commentator along with Korari we got to see you inside the ring as you appeared to be having some love interest issues. Now I can't say that I knew what was going on having just come on board but can you enlighten everyone tuning in on that whole story and about Lionell Storm? And while we are at it maybe tell us more about N-R-junkies. You got the championship and you got that look and air about you Nick, where you could go far in this business and I want to learn more about you.
Kyra
Kyra

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Romero Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:59 am

Nick Romero: Well I learned early that in entertainment business - and THIS is sports entertainment - you are nothing without support of the viewer. That particularly hard lesson cam in grade two when in a school play I decided to a little improv. Let's just say, that Oliver Twist who sings "Pokemon, gotta catch 'em all!" didn't go well with the audience. But I learned my lesson - win the crowd, win the game. So, that's how N-R-junkies started. I started investing in my supporters - encouraging them, socializing via media, visiting some schools etc. Sometimes it just takes one "You can do it!" to encourage a person for a lifetime. So that's what I try to do in the ring. My performances inspire people to do more. I give that necessary spark of energy, I am the energizer!

King Grixis: And how does Lionell Storm come into this?

Nick Romero: Lionell is... how can I put it a bit more delicately... a glitch in a system? No that's not a good comparison. A biologist friend of mine often uses term 'overexpression'. That's what Lionell is - an overexpression of a fan. He apparantly got very inspired by me and decided he wants to help out. So he illegally joined my title match against Hatori and Angelok and ended the match with No Contest. He thought he's helping his idol but in reality he hurt me much more than a title loss would have. The backlash from the community was terrible - "Why do you feel the need to cheat?", "Can't beat them on your own?", and the worst one "Nick No-Hero", that one really stung. But good things came out of it eventually - I patched things up with my girlfriend Victoria Stone and things are now better than ever.

Nick Romero

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:49 pm

King Grixis stares blankly for a moment before saying a word.

King Grixis: -censored- man did you just mention Pokemon!? Nope that's it were done. Lose, all your matches now! Kyra add this guy to the talent enhancement list!

King Grixis cracks up a bit before continuing with a more serious tone.

King Grixis: All kidding aside that is the kind of things I want the fans to hear when they are tuning into this podcast. This has been super insightful so far with learning who NIck Romero is and why he's at the top of the ladder, so to speak.

King Grixis then leans forward eagerly.

King Grixis: Now we are running low on time brother. So if you got one last time you want to touch on for the fans I'd love to hear it. I'm not even going to ask you a question. You got the floor bro, lay it on us!
Kyra
Kyra

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Romero Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:42 am

Nick Romero: I think you said it the best - Nick Romero at the top of a ladder. I'm gonna count that as a prophecy, King, or should I say Grixterdamus. (winks) Come Convergence this friday that is the sight you will see - Me at the top of the ladder still your one and only British champion!
Thank you, King, for inviting me! See you on friday!

Nick Romero

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyra Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:19 pm

Added to the show! Thank you once more for joining in on the Podcast fun Nick Very Happy
Kyra
Kyra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down