UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Voice of Reason + A Silhouette of A Man + The Sergeant Arrives (3 Parts)

Go down

The Voice of Reason + A Silhouette of A Man + The Sergeant Arrives (3 Parts) Empty The Voice of Reason + A Silhouette of A Man + The Sergeant Arrives (3 Parts)

Post by Collin Carter Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:31 pm

((Part 1 - Early or mid show - "The Voice of Reason"))

The lights in the entire arena quickly shut off completely. A brief static noise blares over the speakers; the titantron shows a VFX static flare through The UCW logo. The lights return to normal 3 seconds later. The screens slowly fade to black. The quick static noise is blasted once more, as static flashes on the titantron screen. Just as the screen fades back to darkness, a word appears in white, illuminating the screen quickly. The word disappears less than a second later. A voice is heard over the speakers in the UCW arena. The titantron is filled with graphical captions of what the voice says as he says it. Some words during the message are bolded or colored for emphasis.

???: "Big changes are coming, UCW. The job, the show, the wrestlers that any and all of you love so much? They're not gonna be around here much longer... cause you see, there's a warplan created against you, and I'm afraid it's already in the works."

The UCW logo appears in the top left corner of the screens.

???: ".. You have a little while left until the last mission is started and the fun begins."

The UCW logo that was on the screen slowly crumbles and falls off screen. The words have stopped appearing on the screen, but a fire begins to slowly rise from the bottom of the screen. It continues to rise for the remainder of the segment.

???: "Hire all the security in the country; we're a large group. Don't make the inevitable difficult and more painful then it has to be when the time comes..."

The fire has now completely covered the screen as a graphic of the UCW logo on fire appears in the center.

???: "You'll understand everything later."

The screen slowly fades to black, leaving the fans and attendants puzzled and confused.

((Part 2 - Mid-show, a bit after Parr 1 - "A Silhouette of A Man"))

The lights in the entire arena quickly shut off completely. A brief static noise blares over the speakers; the titantron shows a VFX static flare through The UCW logo. The lights return to normal 3 seconds later. The screens slowly fade to black. The quick static noise is blasted once more, as static flashes on the titantron screen. Just as the screen fades back to darkness, a word appears in white, illuminating the screen quickly. The word disappears less than a second later. Suddenly, the shadow of a man standing behind a screen is seen. A confident, firm voice begins to speak over the speakers in the UCW arena.

???: "For almost a year I've sat back and looked on as the Pro Wrestling Industry has been falling apart. Back when I started in this business, every company was somewhere you could feel proud of; somewhere you could become a real star. Back then, you didn't just trott up into a company and expect a for sure job, just cause you were a little pretty boy. You didn't just get hired in because you knew the right celebrities or knew a lot about business."

The silhouette moves slightly, getting closer to the screen, and making the shadow appear larger.

???: "If you wanted into a federation when I made my first debut, you'd have to prove that you are worthy and tough enough to be a part of the roster. You would have to show them that you have what it takes."

???: "Beatdowns, dark handicap or gauntlet matches, stunt jumps, pain threshold tests, ... Some of them would push even the strongest men to ever compete past their limits."

???: ".. And what is the process here?? Are the wrestlers of UCW even good enough to deserve to be here?? When the dust settles and the smoke clears, it'll be pruning time."

???: "The ones who can't make it out uninjured... The weak ones.... they'll be tossed out and replaced by someone better, stronger, and hungrier."

???: "Watch your back, UCW... an army is coming."

A faint chuckle is heard repeating a few times over the speakers. The screens all fade to black.

((Part 3 - Later part of the show, a while before the brawl - "The Sergeant Arrives"))

The screen fades to black quickly. Static flashes over the screen for around a second. The graphics on the screens are joined by the sound of static through the speakers. The instrumental version of "Evil Ways" by Blues Saraceno begins to play softly over the speakers. All of the lights in the arena simultaneously shut off, except for four lone spotlights on the stage, on both sides of the entrance area. The four spotlights shine with a deep purple glow, illuminating the entire stage and ramp. The lights move around momentarily as the music slowly builds. The chorus of the song hits with a loud drum part. Just as the chorus hits, half of the lights in the arena begin to shine in bright white, making the arena glow. The titantron begins to display AJ Skills in matches of the past; the fans begin cheering. Two large bursts of fire shoot up from the front corners of the stage. The four original lights swivel over, shining directly onto the entrance curtain. The rest of the lights begin to occasionally strobe in a sequence. AJ Skills comes charging out through the curtain like a bull. He is wearing a pair of jean shorts, a tank top with "ICON" on it, and a pair of wrestling boots. He also has a microphone in his left hand. The audience is electric, standing on their feet for Skills. He walks over to the right side of the ramp, briefly stopping as he looks out into the crowd. He turns, jogging over to the left. He stops just short of the edge, raising his right arm into the air. He takes in the moment and slowly begins to lower his arm. He slowly turns around, facing the ramp. He slowly marches to the beginning of the ramp with a steady pace. He continues the pace, making his way down the ramp. Skills gets to the end of the ramp, rounding the corner toward the steel steps. He places one foot onto the steel steps then stops, looking around at the crowd again. He eventually continues up the steps, moving himself onto the ring apron. He swiftly slides his leg through the ropes and climbs into the ring fully. He walks over to the nearest corner post, stopping at it as he raises his right arm to the fans again. His music slowly quiets down to silence. All of the lights return to the normal settings. The titantron displays the UCW logo in the center. Skills slowly lifts the microphone up, putting it to his lips. He looks out toward the audience as his confident voice begins to speak firmly into the microphone.

AJ Skills: "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, UCW fans of all ages.. The ICON.... is BACK. --- I spent 10 years of my life in this industry.. spent one away, and it made me feel old. -- I'm not old. -- After sitting on my couch for months, missing pro wrestling, I was approached by someone quite powerful. They gave me an offer that I just could not refuse... I've managed to get a contract bigger than I've ever seen before."

Skills turns his attention to the fans, specifically talking to them to get a rise out of them.

AJ Skills: ".... So I said, well gee, AJ, are you gonna sit around, moping, and regretting retirement for the rest of your life??"

He pauses for emphasis, then turns to a different part of the audience as he continues.

AJ Skills: "Or are you going to finally wake up and realize that you're not done yet???"

After he finishes speaking, the fans cheer loudly in support. He turns back to the camera as he continues.

AJ Skills: "So that's what I did. I decided to give up coping with retirement and find a way to make some huge differences in the industry... leave a mark..."

He begins pacing along the ropes, walking back and forth. He continues to speak.

AJ Skills: "--- This contract I've signed... It has some interesting circumstances that are going to make the following weeks very, very fun. Circumstances of me being involved in something quite large... something that is guaranteed to make my first huge mark now that I'm back in the business.."

He chuckles a bit before continuing.

AJ Skills: "Some of you might be thinking... how could UCW afford to hire The Icon, AJ Skills?..."

He smirks at the fans, going into a slight grin. He continues to speak, getting progressively more worked up.

AJ Skills: "-- I didn't sign a contract -- with UCW. No.. but I do have a message for all of those involved here at this little dinky warehouse you call an arena...."

The fans immediately turn on him, booing at him loudly. This only makes Skills smirk more. He gets worked up further, speaking clearly and loudly, over the fans.

AJ Skills: "... all of you small time dreamers and hopefuls... rookies... and most of all, those guys in the back who think they're tough because they're near the top of the card... your little fantasy world will be coming to a sudden end in a few weeks. There will be no more sandbags weighing the new breed down. There will be no more amateurs making the new breed look back... and there will be no more big, fake tough guys who say they deserve to be the champion; the new breed will show them just how weak they really are. One by one, the UCW members will be put to the test. One by one, they'll fall."

Skills regains his composure, looking around to multiple fans, looking around from time to time.

AJ Skills: "I didn't sign a contract.... with UCW --- I signed a contract with Kingdom D!"

The fans begin to boo at him loudly again. Skills carelessly continues, yelling over the fans with intensity and malice intent.

AJ Skills: "The New Breed will be arriving soon. -- You won't know when. You won't know how they got here. You won't know where they come from. But, once they have all gotten here and the last step of the plan begins.... that's when you'll figure it all out."

Skills quickly walks over to the opposite side of the ring, leaning into the top ropes as he continues.

AJ Skills: "The amount of wrestlers from the back who want to try to put up a fight for it, be my guest. But I can guarantee you... by the time that Sergeant Skills and the rest of the army from Kingdom D are done here, there will be no more UCW; with or without the weak UCW wrestlers defending it."

He slowly makes his way back toward the spot he entered the ring at, calmly speaking into the microphone as he walks.

AJ Skills: "Enjoy it while you can. --- Good luck."

He climbs through the ropes and drops down off the apron with ease. He looks out to the angered crowd as he slowly walks backwards up the ramp. A loud, resounding boo comes from the crowd continuously as Skills continues up the ramp. The screen slowly fades to black.

Collin Carter

Back to top Go down